- Assesses therapeutic, rehabilitative, functional, and potential needs such as muscle strengthening, range of motion, mobility and gait training.
- Evaluates and educates patients on proper use of therapeutic equipment and prosthetic devices.
- Treatment of injury and develop a customized maintenance program for the patient’s medical condition.
- Assesses patient’s occupational therapy needs.
- Evaluates for muscle function, strength and endurance, visual coordination, written and verbal communication skills, self-care and ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Assist patient in regaining their abilities that were lost during their illness and promote their independence in performing their usual activities.
- Conducts diagnostic speech and language evaluation.
- Identifies functional speech deficits, and develops appropriate plan of care with the physician.
- Provides direct speech therapy using specialized therapeutic technique and recommends communication devices, aids, and/or equipment.
- Physical injury and orthopedic rehabilitation.
- Therapeutic exercises.
- Geriatric therapy.
- Assistive device training.
- Pain management.
- Manual and massage training.
- Electrical stimulation/Ultrasound therapy.
- Home safety evaluation and training.
- Promotion of independence through ADL training and retraining.
- Adaptive devices training.
- Personalized goals in improving fine motor skills and upper extremity functions.
- Energy management and conservation.
- Stroke management and rehabilitation.
- Swallowing and cognitive evaluation and treatment.
- Brain recovery and rehabilitation.
- Perceptual and cognitive skill training.